I start making my dollhouse last year.It was just on paper plans but the beginning of this year I start making the house it self. I will be showing you bits and pieces but I did not record everything I did so one will see the end results.
The "front' of the house will be detached from the house it self because its size. Just for you to have an idea, the front is 8 feet long... this is a quarter scale to human scale.
I uploaded my pictures backwards,sigh, I do that often,*blushing*. I will try to make sense as much as possible.
The picture below , I am cutting my 'tiles" . the actual titles of my house are 8" long by 2" wide. So for the FD it has to be 2" long by 1/2" wide.
Below are just some samples and not cut to the right size.
I spent 2 days thinking what material to use for the bricks. It NEEDED to be light weight. After experimenting with 3 different materials, I found one that I am super pleased. The picture above is showing a piece of foam, one Styrofoam and the other stuff .The last one is the one I choose. It is cheap and is something used on buildings. I got at the home improvement store. I tested to see if would take paint , and it did very well.
here are the tiles cut.... well.... started.... i will have to make few hundreds...
Most of the dollhouse is made at the wood shop but because we don't have air conditioner there but I do have here at the pottery shop, I "squeezed"things around so I can do some work here
I know it probably does not make a lot of sense but here I am making the base for the front of the house.
This picture was suppose to be placed before the one of the top....sigh.